The BuckeyeBox service provides an easy way to share files and folders online. Box consolidates your content in a single location, easily accessible from anywhere, on any device. You can create files and folders, share them using a direct link, invite colleagues and classmates to collaborate, and continue to revise and review your content. Though similar in appearance to other consumer services such as DropBox, Box can directly integrate with existing OSU single sign-on authentication systems.
Not for restricted data
BuckeyeBox at OSU is designed as a collaboration tool, but is not acceptable for any institutional data classified as "restricted" with the exception of FERPA. As such, Protected Health Information (PHI) should never be stored on BuckeyeBox. The service is appropriate for personal files and information classified as limited or public. See Data Classifications and appropriate data for BuckeyeBox at OSU.
View a Box video: Simple, Secure Content Sharing & Collaboration
- View files of many types, including images and audio/video; for a full list, see Box support's What file extension types can be viewed by Box's Content Preview?
- Access content through all major web browsers (i.e., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) and through mobile devices running iOS & Android
- Access through Microsoft Office applications (Windows only)
- Share files and folders while controlling the level of access others have, with a range of permissions from view-only to full editing and collaboration rights
- Comment on files
- Create simple workflows using assigned tasks
- Sync files between your desktop and other devices, and access them even when offline
As a fully operational service, BuckeyeBox accounts will be available to all current students, faculty, and staff.
Accounts are individual; a limited number of College/Department Accounts will be set up on an as-needed basis. A BuckeyeBox College/Department Account can be used as a common location that is not tied to a specific user. It will be controlled by folder level access and managed by the BuckeyeBox Unit Leads. It allows the BuckeyeBox Unit Leads to create folders and assign the appropriate permissions to users. Contact your College or Department Lead for more information.
Getting started and how to find help
See the Box Customer Success Corner
If you have accessibility questions or need assistance, please contact the IT Service Desk by dialing 614-688-HELP (8-HELP on campus) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.