Office 365 for Students
What is Office 365 for Students?
Office 365/ProPlus is the software subscription service of the Microsoft Office 365 offering. The BuckeyeMail Office 365 license provides Office 365 business-class email (and OWA access). This license also provides current students access to Office 365 ProPlus services like:
- Including the ability to download and locally install Microsoft Office applications on up to five computers that you personally use
- One terabyte of cloud storage through OneDrive for Business
- Online versions of the Office applications
- Mobile applications where you can access, edit and view Office documents on your mobile devices
- Regular access to the latest software updates.
Current students may install Office 365 ProPlus on up to five PCs or Macs, five tablets (Windows, iPad® and Android™) and five phones. You will be prompted for your Office 365 login (email@example.com and password) in order to install the applications. After installation, Microsoft will verify your Office 365 account in the background – you may be prompted to re-authenticate your license; failure to do so will result in the installed software reverting to read-only status, and loss of access to OneDrive and mobile applications.
What Students are eligible?
Any student who is currently enrolled in classes at The Ohio State University is eligible for Office 365.
Employees who are also enrolled as Ohio State students are eligible to access Office 365 software and install it on their personal devices. You will have two separate accounts, one for student and one for employee.
Office 365 - Installation of Office for Windows/Mac
For installation instructions follow the link, Office 365 - Installation of Office for Windows/Mac
Please follow the following Office 365 for Students FAQ link for more information, Office 365 - FAQ