my.osu.edu: Forgotten Ohio State Username or Password
Open your browser and go to the Self-Service site at my.osu.edu.
Follow the instructions below:
If you have forgotten your Ohio State Username (your lastname.#), go to the Self-Service site at my.osu.edu. Click either the Forgot Username? link at the top of the page or the Recover forgotten Ohio State Username link in the center of the page. Follow the steps below:
- Type your first and last name as well as the remaining information in the spaces provided, and click Next.
- If requested, type additional information to identify yourself, and click Next.
- When a match has been found, it will appear in a box next to a green checkmark. Be sure to make note of your lastname.#.
- If you also have forgotten your password, continue with the steps below. Otherwise, you are ready to log in to OSU services using your Ohio State Username and password combination.
If you have forgotten the password that goes with your Ohio State Username, you can reset it at my.osu.edu. Click either the Forgot Password link at the top of the page or the Reset a forgotten password link in the center of the page. Follow the steps below:
- Type your Ohio State Username in the space provided, and click Next.
- Respond to the security questions that appear, and click Next. Reminder: These are the answers you provided at the time of account activation.
- Create a password following at least the minimum guidelines (use a minimum of 8 characters including three of four of the following character sets: capital letters (A-Z); lowercase letters (a-z); numerals, and special characters (!@#$%^&*+).
- Avoid using dictionary words. Consider the recommendations that appear on the page when selecting a password. Refer to the BuckeyeSecure web site for more information.
- Type and re-type the password in the appropriate spaces.
- Click Submit.
- If successful, a message appears indicating your password has been changed. Generally the change will propagate to other systems in less than 15 minutes.
If you have read the article above and are still experiencing difficulties, please contact the IT Service Desk.
Submitting Feedback below simply lets us know if the directions in this article were helpful.